Jun 17, 2017
Each summer, the advertising industry packs their bags for a trip to the south of France. Hosted in Cannes, The Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity is an annual festival that brings together the creative communications industry to learn, network and celebrate the year's best creative work. For many, it's a week of fabulous parties and celebrations. But between networking, crowded seminars and the anxiety of waiting to hear awards results, there's more to the week than rosé induced headaches.
1. When your flight from Paris to Nice loses your baggage
2. When you take that first sip of rose
3. When you leave a seminar feeling inspired
4. When you run into old industry friends/coworkers
5. When you’re endlessly looking for Wi-Fi or somewhere to charge your phone
6. When you're trying to squeeze your way into a packed event
7. When you accumulate an unnecessary amount of free swag
8. When you watch your team accept an award
9. When a campaign is so good it makes you feel things
10. When you remember how much you love advertising
Through all of Canne's ups and downs, let's not forget to take in this incredible time of the year - a celebration of our industry and the ephemeral power of creativity. Good luck to all attendees and the teams at home. May the odds be ever in your favor.
Follow us on social with the hashtag #yrcannes for all the latest updates.